Cheese chilli toast – I can’t make things simpler than this.
For all those who find large menus at restaurants boring, here is the one dish that will satisfy your hunger craving. This dish gets prepared in about 10 mins and trust me, there is no correct time to eat this. For a Gujju like me after a heavy Sunday lunch done at about 2 p.m. and who finishes dinner before 8 p.m. regularly, this is a perfect idea for a Sunday evening.
Cheese Chilli Toast
- 8 slices Bread Prefer WIBS brand
- 8 slices Cheese Prefer AMUL cheese
- 2 Nos Green Chili Finely Sliced
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Oil To make toast
- 4 tbsp Tomato sauce to be served with toast
- Put a flat pan on high flame
- When fully hot, put some oil and set flame to medium
- Add 2 slices of bread to toast on the pan
- Keep checking if the bottom side is golden brown. Then flip it. Set flame to Minimum.
- Put a cheese slice on slices of bread. Apply a fine layer of Garlic paste & Add some chili depending on who will be eating it. For kids replace this chili with Bell peppers – finely sliced all colors.
- Serve hot with Tomato sauce.
Go on try it, and let me know how it was.
I’ve mentioned this under breakfast
3 Variations of Cheese Chilli Toast
1: Add some tomato slices between chilli and cheese. Cover the pan with a lid while cooking. It will be a great compliment to the spicy taste of chilli.
2: Instead of normal cheese can opt for Mozzarella cheese. Kids will remember this experience for a quite while.
3: Maybe you can add Olive, Jalapenos, or any veggies you like. But don’t complicate it. Keep it
simple, one veggie on 1 slice. Corns can be added to compliment the taste.
4: One could completely replace bread by Pita bread. Just the toasting process will be carried out last, that is after adding all topping. The toasting has to be done on slow flame and lid has to be covered.
Cheese Chilli Toast is also a handy option for birthday parties and surprise guests. Serve this at lunch in your kids tiffin.
One of my friends tried putting cooked Maggi over this and she said it worked wonders.
For more veg recipes follow here.